Friday, April 13, 2012

Vegetarian Recipes

Since Nathan had a little scare with his blood pressure and cholesterol, I've been trying to cook a little healthier. He requested more meatless dishes and foods that help lower cholesterol. I tried both these recipes lately and LOVED them.

Black Beans and Rice
Don't be fooled by the simpleness of this recipe. It has really good flavor and is very filling, and what's cheaper than rice and beans?

Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
This recipe is pretty easy as far as lasagnas go.

Nathan had his cholesterol and blood pressure checked again recently, and they are back to normal. I'd like to think I had something to do with it...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited to try the beans and rice. it seems easy and cheap enough for me to attempt:) you're the queen of healthy recipes claire! you have to share that whole wheat bread recipe you made when we visited. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy. we have got to start eating healthier. I'll defintely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!