Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bread Recipe

AHH! I hate this new blogger. It will never format my posts right! Someone help me!

This is my go-to recipe that I make about every other week. I love it. And it's basically like yummy vitamins because of all the grains and seeds in it. :) I tried adding shelled pumpkin seeds to it today, so I will post a pic later on and tell you how the pumpkin seeds are in it.
 Bread
2 c warm milk
 3/4 c warm water
1 T salt
1 T yeast
1/3 c olive oil
1/3 c honey
2 T + 1 1/2 t wheat gluten
 6-7 c fresh ground flour ( I usually do 5-6 cups wheat and 1-2 cups ground oats)
 I add flaxseed, poppy seed and toasted unsalted sunflower seeds along with the flour--not sure how much, just what looked like a good amount. Probably about 1 T poppy seed, 2 T flax seed and 1/4 c sunflower seeds.

 Grind your wheat while your yeast is activating in water and salt. After you have ground your wheat your yeast should be activated. (5 minutes.) Add remaining ingredients one at a time.

 Add flour 2 C at a time. When flour pulls away from sides then stop--too little is better than too much. Add 3/4 c more flour and mix dough for 8 minutes on medium speed.

 Let rise until double, then punch down, form into loaves, and let rise in pans. Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes in pans, then let finish cooling on a rack. Makes 2 large loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!